.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Creepy McCreeperson
Why are whiteys invading my apartment complex??

Ok, the white family that moved in to the same apartment building as me is officially creepy. I've still only met one of the boys, but the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right? So I first met him a couple weeks ago on the elevator. His name is Seth. He is 13. He seemed really weird to me, but I couldn't really say because I only spoke with him for a few minutes. And he had an accent that I thought sounded Texan. That never bodes well.

So, as I was coming home today I ran into him on the elevator again. He was going down (with a soccer ball) and I was going up, so I was hoping there wouldn't be conversation. There wasn't on the elevator. A few minutes after getting in my apartment, there's a knock on my door (I had told him last time where I live--bad move, I know...but he asked and I didn't want to be all, "You're weird and I'm not telling."). Great. He asks if he can come in. I agree (yeah, I know, what's wrong with me?). So we talked for a while. He is weird, no question. As is his whole family, I'm sure.

He is from Texas. He's here with his older brother who is 15 who beats the crap out of him, apparently. His dad teaches English in an English academy (many kids take extra Engish classes after school). According to the kid, his dad spends over half his money on bills each month. This is clearly a lie, unless he gets paid shit, which I'm sure he doesn't. They don't even have Internet, so there's one less bill they have than I. His dad must tell them that because he either spends it himself drinking or something, or he just doesn't want to have to give his kids anything. The kid then proceeded to tell me how he tries to steal money from his dad. At this point I begin keeping an eye on my stuff. He then keeps mentioning how he only has 100 won left. Yeah, that's like 10 cents. You're not gonna be able to do much with that.

He kept talking about video games and this video game place he goes to. He then tells me he wants to show it to me. I tell him I'm not into playing computer games. He says it doesn't matter, he only wants to show it to me. Like I care where it is if I don't play the games, you moron.

I asked what he thought about Korea so far, and he said that it's much better than America, because apparently--get this--there's going to be a huge war in the US soon but no one knows about it yet. So I'm just giving you all the head's up on that. Be prepared for a massive war, OK? Then he proceeded to bitch about taxes and how high they are in the US. He clearly has no idea what taxes are, because I then said to him, "That's a nice thing about Korea. You don't have to pay taxes on your income." To which he responded, "My dad has to pay all kinds of taxes each month...water, gas, electricity..." Ok, those are called bills, idiot. I shouldn't be too hard on him because he's only 13, but he's weird. And I don't like him.

He also told me how he can speak Korean really well (he's been here a month and when I met him previously he said he 'didn't know a lick of Korean'). He then tried reading this thing on my ceiling and was like, "I am having problems with reading it though." At which point I had to tell him that what he was looking at wasn't Korean, it was Chinese. If he doesn't know the difference between Korean and Chinese writing, yeah, I'd say he has problems reading.

I asked what he does for school, and he doesn't go to school. His dad tells him to read from some book everyday as a sort of home-schooling. I'm sure that's cutting it.

I kept thinking the whole time, "How can I get this kid out of here?" Finally I just told him he had to go. I feel like him and his family are going to break in and steal my shit. Not liking them. Do not want to run into any of them EVER again. I hope none of the Koreans in the same complex as me think I know them or am friends with them. I also hope they don't find this and read it and murder me in my sleep.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home