.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Friday, May 26, 2006

Who Doesn't Know Prince and U2???
If you guessed 'Brighton,' you win the satisfaction of winning!

American Idol last night:
I thought it was a really good results show. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. They had really good people come and perform with the Idols--Dionne Warwick, Live, Toni Braxton, Meat Loaf, Al Jarreau (although I have to admit to not knowing who he is), Mary J Blige, and Prince. Seriously, Prince. When Elliot came out and started singing U2's 'One,' I said to Brighton, "If Bono comes out, I'll have a heart attack and die." He didn't (Mary J Blige did). But I also made the heart attack and die prediction later on that night for something that DID happen and I did not, in fact, have a heart attack and die...so I guess I'm full of empty health threats. I thought Katharine looked freaked out during her performance with Meat Loaf. Then I noticed how freaky-weird Meat Loaf was acting and understood. Brighton and I both thought that Toni Braxton wasn't really Toni Braxton but a drag queen impersonating Toni Braxton. It was weird. If I have to hear Taylor yell out, "Soul Patrol!" one more time I may jump off my balcony.

I was aghast that Brighton asked me these two questions: 1) What are some Prince songs? and 2) What are some U2 songs? I assured her that she HAS to have heard numerous songs by both artists. I then made her sit down and listen to Prince songs and U2 songs on my iTunes. The only Prince song she knew was "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World." 1999? Never heard of it. I mean, I know this is Brighton, but come on! I then started playing U2 songs and the only ones she's heard are some of the more current ones like 'Beautiful Day.' I then said to her, "You have to know 'With or Without You.' If you don't, I will have a heart attack and die." I played the song and she had no recognition of it. Who is she??? Where has she been living the last 20+ years?? A cave?? Don't worry...like I said earlier, I didn't have a heart attack and I didn't die. Hence me being able to write this blog entry.

I just noticed that someone in Iran has read my blog. Weird.

They have this mystery English program at my school called 'Step and Jump.' I call it a mystery because I have no idea how it works and I'm not involved in it (aside from them asking me to write a textbook for it). Anyway, every morning before school they play the 'Step and Jump' song over the loudspeaker. I wish I had a recording of it to post. But I don't. But here are the lyrics:
"English, English, it's easy and fun!
Step and Jump, it's easy and fun!
English, English, we can say it!
Step and Jump, it's easy and fun!

"English, English, it's easy and fun!
Step and Jump, (something I can't make out)
Step to the world;
Jump to the future!
Are you ready for Step and Jump?
Ok...here we go!"


Yeah.

I'm taking a train to Gyeongju after school today. It's about a 4 hour train ride. But we're taking 1st class as there were only 2 seats left when I called to book tickets and they were in 1st class. Travelin' in style, baby. Unfortunately, all train tickets back to Pyeongtaek from Gyeongju were booked...so we have to take a bus back. And if we don't get tickets (you can't buy them beforehand) then I'll be screwed. So here's hoping. It's supposed to rain all weekend, so that blows.

I'm out of my pain medication etc, so now I'm down to popping ibuprofins. They're actually working fairly nicely, though.

I have to teach a class soon.

4 Comments:

  • i can understand not knowing prince more than i can understand not knowing u2.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 5/27/2006 9:33 AM  

  • Has she EVER listened to the radio?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/27/2006 9:44 AM  

  • What about "Pussy Control"? Does she know that one? I remember that being played in the dorms...but then again I remember you quoting Prince in the writings you put on the contact paper covering your dorm room desk, too...

    Cmon, B...if you didn't come to party, don't bother knockin' on my door... ;)

    By Blogger Candy, at 5/27/2006 10:04 AM  

  • I agree with Liz. How about Purple Rain? Oh, Pussy Control. I missed the show (I thought it would be boring and long and stupid), but I'm sad since EVERYBODY keeps talking about how great it was.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 5/27/2006 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home