.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Fun with Photos!

So, I don't have much of anything to write for an update, so it'll be picture day. I scoured my pics of Korea that I've taken thus far and chose random pictures to post that I thought were either funny or mildly interesting. This first picture is the view from my apartment balcony. Quite the nightlife scene, eh? Then there's this nice picture of a clock outside of the police station at Gyeongpo Beach. I thought it was cute, so I've stuck it here for the pleasure of all. And who doesn't love monkeys?? Honestly. At Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul there are fake monkeys on the roof ledges. I love it. Fake Monkeys. I mean, they're almost better than real monkeys because who likes getting poo thrown at them? Not I. Fitting in with the cute police picture, this is another cute sign that was at Gyeongpo Beach. I don't recall what it was for, but it reminded me of Joleen and Sunny because they looked exactly like that at their wedding. :) Although Sunny was sans hat...





Who wears a suit to the beach??? That's all I'm saying about this one...




Here's a brief glimpse into who I hang out with here. Picture 1 is of a large group of us in Itaewan (a super American part of Seoul). Note: the black guy front and center is an imposter. He was just a passerby who apparently wanted to get in on the photo action. Power to him. Hey, this way we don't have to Photoshop in a black person to get diversity. ;) Man, I really shouldn't make fun of my alma mater. Go Badgers!!! The other pic is Will rolling down a way too steep hill at Hwaseong Fortress in Suwon. Note: The concrete partiton he's heading towards. Note #2: This roll was later found to have shattered his cellphone display. Costly roll. I warned him not to do it.




Next up: Various cultural elements of Korea. How cool is this dragon car/trolley/thing? I didn't get to ride on it, but it looked fun. I also didn't see it spew fire, but I bet it can...if threatened. For your moment of zen, I've included a Buddha picture. This was at a Buddhist temple at Yongchu Falls. It kinda looks Hindu-ish to me. And yes, Koreans do perform acts of vandalism. Here is a picture of hangul graffiti. I don't know what it says as I haven't taken the time to look it up. No doubt it's the formula for world peace or the truth behind the formation of the universe.


I will leave you with a note on one of the most famous guys in Korea as of now. He's in about a million commercials that are on about a million times each. Honestly, one time a car commerical he's in came on twice in the same commerical break. His name is Daniel Henney and he's Korean-American. He doesn't really know any Korean (his mom was adopted when she was 1). He's super hot, although these pics don't fully capture that. One pic is from a commerical he's in for...MinuteMaid, I think. The other is a picture from his commercial with Gwyneth Paltrow for a clothing company called Beanpole International. He's in another commercial for a car called Gentra, but I couldn't find any pictures online of him in that one. But that one's on all the friggin' time!!! "Are you gentle?," he asks. Wtf? Whatever. I also see him plastered all over billboard ads for things like cellphones. Anyhoo...Enjoy His Beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home