.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Ok, I'm a little behind on updating. Especially since it’s been a week since Christmas. But I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and got some nice presents. I missed being with my family this year as well as exchanging presents with my (ex)flatmates. On Christmas Eve I headed to Osan to Elissa’s house with about 10 other people and we had a little Christmas Eve dinner/party. We had some really good steaks and mashed potatoes and cheese. We had a white elephant gift exchange. I was lucky number 1 and had to pick first, but I actually ended up with a decent present that no one stole from me. It’s a traditional Korean model house…you know, a model house as in one you have to put together…like a model airplane. I’m kind of excited to do it. I bought and gave away a plastic blue recorder. Koreans play them in school and I swear they all run around with them. I hear them constantly at school. And for the record, Koreans also play “Hot Cross Buns.” What the hell does that song mean, anyway?? So that night we all watched National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Keeping tradition alive. I slept there that night and went home Christmas afternoon. Monday night the Pyeongtaek gang plus Jaclyn’s boyfriend had a gift exchange.

Below I've included a few pictures of different Christmas cards I got from a few of my students(5-3 is the class they're in...5th grade, class 3...not their height). Also a picture of the Christmas tree in front of my neighborhood church.




I also got another card that wouldn't photograph worth crap that read:

Dear Emily...
Hi Emily? my name is o chung-Yeon
Emily teaches thank you.
Emily and...
Merry christmas
2005.12.22


Haha, interesting...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home