.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!
Happy Thanksgiving!
"Turkey and dressing, after the blessing..." (that was just for you, Sarah)

Ok, so I have a few pictures, so I thought I'd post them. They aren't incredibly interesting, however. Also, a few of them are digital pictures of actual photos, so the quality may not be the best. This first picture gave me a mild heart attack when I saw it. One of my students ran up to me before class and said, "Teacher! Picture!" I looked at it and for a split second I swore it was a picture of me at Disney World. I was like, "How the hell did he find a picture of me at Disney World???" But then I recognized that it was when I went to Everland with the students earlier in the year. And the student followed up his initial statement with the word, "Everland!" But anyway, he gave me the picture, which was nice. It's not exactly a nice picture of me, but that's ok. Actually, it's a downright bad picture. Huh.Then there's this other not-so-great picture of me...it's me at the Disease Party. Will had run out of cups, so I'm drinking out of a bowl. The kid next to me is Andy. He is dating Jaclyn, the girl who lives in Pyeongtaek who is wearing the hat in this picture. The girl with the cake is named Erin. The girl with Jaclyn is Canadian and I don't remember her name. The next 2 pictures are from a couple nights ago when I went out to dinner with Will and Jaclyn. We've gone to this restaurant a few times where you get a crap-load of side-dish type foods. It's kind of like a sampler meal, I guess. The first time we went there it was 12,000 won each (about $12), but this last time we splurged and got the 15,000 won sampler. It wasn't terribly different, but we got an extra meat dish thing that was good and in my mind was worth the extra $3. But you can kind of see the copious amounts of dishes on the table. And that's just a portion of what we got, since the food comes in waves. Don't ask me how the nasty looking fish got placed in front of me...especially since I hate them and the others quite enjoy them..Anyway,this pic of me isn't very good either (I'm batting 0-3 in the photo dept here). What's with my smile?? I look like either Mrs. Duncanson, the John Adams PFLS teacher, or Greta Van Susteren, pre-cosmetic surgery. Ew. Hey, didn't Greta Van S. attend UW?

In other news, I received a birthday invitation from one of my students the other day. It's on Saturday. I feel I have to go since I met her mom at school last week and according to the student (He Hyun), "My mom really wants you to come." Both the student and her mom speak pretty good English, so that's nice. It won't be really awkward and full of pantomimes. Plus, I guess we'll be "making pizza and playing Monopoly." Who would turn that down?? So that should be interesting. I'm just hoping that every kid doesn't start inviting me to their birthday parties. Because one is enough, thank you very much.

So I'm pretty sure I'll be going to a Thanksgiving luncheon/dinner on Sunday with a bunch of other English teachers from UW. It's at some kid's house who lives way out in some rural area on a farm. But he lives in a house and has both space and an oven. It'll be interesting. I'm not looking forward to the amount of traveling that will be required on that day, but what can you do? It seems we've got quite the menu going for us so far (probably turkey, stuffing, potatoes, sweet potatoes, jello, and more!). I don't know what I'll be contributing yet. I want to bring a pie, but I don't know if you can buy a pie in this country. I'll check it out.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for the song reference. Nothing beats that lyric and I appreciate the fact that you remembered it. Major props. Out.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 11/29/2005 2:15 PM  

  • Hey, it's Andy!!! Hahahahaha, I wonder why I didn't notice that before.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 1/03/2006 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home