.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Drunk With Power
Give me another shot of POWER, baby!

So it's the custom/culture in Korea that students are supposed to bow to their teachers when they see them in the hall or the streets or whatever. They don't have to stop everything and do this major bow, but it's kind of a bow-as-you-walk-by type of thing. Anyway, I usually don't get bowed to--in lieu of bowing, my students instead tend to give a giant wave and yell my name--"OHHH!!! AE-MIL-LEE!!! HELLO!!!" Which, you know, is nice and all, but there's just something about being bowed to. The 1% of the time that I get bowed to by students really does give me a power trip. I mean, really; how often do people bow to you?? "If I were King of the forest..." [must be sung in a lion from Wizard of Oz way]. But I've noticed that I've been getting more bows as of late...hmmm...keep it comin' kiddos, keep it comin'...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home