.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

So What Else Does Korea Have To Offer?
Nothing.






Ok, so that's just me being bitter. Anyway, here are a few more pictures from the goings-on in Korea when Joleen was here. I'll probably be adding more later, but I'm doing this at school and don't have all the pics with me. Bu tI thin kI'm going to leave at lunch time and just not come back today because this is honestly ridiculous. No one would have a clue if I did or did not come in today and I doubt they'd notice if I left early and didn't come back. If they do and get angry...go ahead and fire me. This is what I've done so far this morning: finished 2 crossword puzzles and watched the first 2 episodes of Survivor on my iPod. Why do I need to be in school for that? I don't. Yesterday from 10-2 I watched the Olympics. At least I had a big screen TV to watch the ice skating. Go Sasha Cohen!

Ok, back to Korea. So, I took Joleen to Suwon where we took the hike around Hwaseong Fortress. It's a decent old fortress surrounded by a big city (I think the population of Suwon is 3 million or something). Speaking of big cities, here's a ridiculous thing Joleen and I heard this dumb annoying white lady saying to her friend on the DMZ tour: According to her, because Seoul is too crowded, they're changing the capital of South Korea sometime in the next couple of years. Yeah, you're a dumbass. Her friend was like, "Really??" She insisted that it was true. Ok, I haven't attempted to look this up to see how factual it is, but how can it be true? Honestly. Anyway, I've included a pic that shows the old fortress juxtaposed with the modern city. Neat-o. There's also a picture of Joleen in fron of a fortress wall. And of course, how could I not include the picture of the typical Korean dog (when it's not being eaten). The really funny thing is that it was being walked by 2 guys. Haha.



And here's a picture of a dog restaurant near my house. Seriously...there's not a picture of a dog for nothing. One of the menu appears to be gay tang...dog stew, I think. Apparently dog is pretty fatty. I wouldn't know. According to Koreans it's "good for health." According to Koreans, anything Korean is "good for health." I guess dog is supposed to help with male virility. Sure. And for good measure have it with a side of bear gall bladder.


And here's a picture of Joleen standing at the Pyeongtaek subway station waiting for the train bound for Cheongyangmi and hoping it's not the express train bound for Yongsan (which doesn't stop at all the stops...but it can be hard to tell which train is which when they come because they're not labeled for us non-Korean speakers).

1 Comments:

  • I'm really happy she was able to go. It seems like it was a really great experience for you both.

    I remember an annoying American when we were in London who was saying stuff like that. She was next to us in a restaurant and was loudly proclaiming facts about London, showing of course that she was smarter than everyone else there.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 2/25/2006 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home