.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Wooden Teeth
You can't get more attractive than that

I'm writing short random tidbits here because I feel bad updating my blog with nothing but test results. It seems kind of cheap, yes?

I saw a Korean walking down the street a week or so ago wearing a John Kerry shirt. The one that Michael Stipe wore at some point. I thought that was interesting. Then, a couple days ago, I saw a Korean walking down the street wearing a "Free Winona" shirt. I thought that was interesting as well.




My co-teacher kept asking me what the English word was for things that there was no English word for. For example: "What do you call a new leaf?" "Uhhh...a new leaf." "What do you call a flower that is not all the way bloomed?[but past the bud stage]" "Uhhh...a partially bloomed flower." "What do you call it when it's spring but it gets cold again?" "Uhhh...a cold snap?" For the last one, I explained the term Indian Summer, then she kept referring to the current weather (a cold snap) as 'Indian Spring.' Which just doesn't make sense in more than one way.

I had to go into Seoul today (boo!!!). Although I hate the long-ass subway ride, I hate it even more when people feel the need to talk to me. So this Korean guy sits next to me and proceeded to talk with me for a long time and I was seriously annoyed by it. Apparently he's a pediatrician, and he obviously wanted me to be all impressed about that. He kept bragging about himself and his family. Out of nowhere he said, "I can run 100 meters in 5.5 seconds." I just looked at him and said, "Huh." Then he added, "I can see you don't believe me. I do not lie." No, dude, I just don't give a rat's ass. He also informed me that Koreans are smarter than most other people, but they've just never had a good leader. He also said to me, "America is lucky because you have had many gorgeous leaders." I gave him a confused look. I wonder who he's referring to?, I thought. He then says, "I will give you an example." Oooh, goody! "George Washington." Whaaaa??? "Bill Clinton." Huh? I finally figured out he meant great leaders. Hahahahahahaha!!! That was hilarious. George Washington was pretty hot! Or not... He then asked if I was Christian, and upon finding out that I am of no religion he says to me, "In 10-15 years you will find religion once you figure out that you can't do everything on your own." Uh, I already know that buddy. Please don't get into a religious conversation with me because it's a little too complicated with the language barrier. Hell, you mixed up gorgeous and great...

Ok, so there's my short blurb to make me feel better about my update. Now I am very tired and need to go to bed. Good night, John Boy.

2 Comments:

  • that is HYSTERICAL!!!

    and btw, yeah, i felt somewhat bad about addinga song, but thought it was too funny of an opportunity to pass up.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 4/23/2006 2:23 AM  

  • i just read this again just to laugh again. man, that's good. we have to talk soon over skype or something because i haven't laughed for like 3 months.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 4/23/2006 4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home