.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane
And I will not be back again...

I just purchased my airline ticket home. Woo-hoo!!! Strike the drums and blow the trumpets! I'm flying United home--Seoul to Denver to Minneapolis. I leave Seoul on September 1st at 1:50pm and I arrive in Minneapolis on Sept 1st at 6:07pm. Wow, only a 4 hour flight. ;) So someone better be able to pick me up at the airport that Friday night! The ticket was $1,211.59, which I don't have to pay for. I hope my school can get their heads out of their asses long enough to properly reimburse me. I wanted to fly United, so I was glad that it also happened to be the cheapest. Korean Air was friggin' expensive. And it friggin' sucks.

I was thinking about buying a ticket through Korean Air (which were $1,800), having my school reimburse me that much, then cancel the Korean Air reservation (only a $20 fee or so), then buying the United ticket. That way I would net about $600. But 1) Even though I dislike my school, ripping them off $600 is not a nice thing to do...I mean, it's a school. And 2) More importantly, I'd live in fear of being caught/found out by my school. How horrid would I feel then?? So I'm still honest.

3 Comments:

  • i'm sure i can pick you up if nobody else can, but i bet i'm the last person you'd want to see right away when arriving back in your homeland.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 6/22/2006 8:15 AM  

  • Yeah Liz...there are approximately 295,734,133 more people I'd rather see right away once I get home than you. ;) Although I'm sure (well, I hope) my parents willl be eager to see me and pick me up.

    By Blogger Emily, at 6/22/2006 8:24 AM  

  • Let me see...I THINK we can fit picking you up at the airport on Sept. 1st!!! Of course we will pick you up...I can't wait!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/22/2006 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home