.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

T Minus 5 Hours and Counting 'Till I See Joleen!

Ok, I'm reading the news, and there's this article that I found really funny, for whatever reason. It's about this author who wrote a book criticizing US foreign policy (he is American). I guess the sales of his book sky-rocketed after an 'endorsement' by Osama Bin Laden in an audiotape of him that was released Thursday. According to the article:

Bin Laden said al Qaeda group was preparing more attacks in the United States but also told Americans, "It is useful for you to read the book 'The Rogue State.'"

Just imagining Osama sittin' around reading the book was funny enough, but then to suggest it to others was really funny to me. I feel like you could have a really funny SNL skit made out of this. I'm now imagining him giving a little teaser on the plot, but ending the 'book report' with, "But don't take my word for it! Check it out at your local library or purchase it at your closest bookseller!" Yeah...

I think I might leave school soon as I got permission to leave early; I just don't know how early. So I might just go now and if for some reason I get in trouble I'll claim ignorance. Sounds like a plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home