.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Wesley Crusher vs. Moses
A Fight To The Death

[Ok, I tried putting this up like 10 hours ago but blogger wouldn't let me...]
I don't want to complain about my teaching situation right now, so instead I'm doing something 'fun' to hopefully get me less pissed.

I was watching video clips of various things on youtube (very addicting; you should check it out) and I ended up watching a bunch of Jon Stewart clips. Anyway, during this spree I was struck with how much I adore Jon Stewart and how much I detest Tucker Carlson (Stewart was on his show). Seriously, I wanted to punch that little ahole in the face. Anyway, I decided to put together a list of people I really like and people I really do not like. So, here it is:

Emmy Likey
1. Jon Stewart. He's hilarious. He's adorable. He's Jewish (ok, that really has nothing to do with it). He's incredibly smart. Honestly, how can a sane person not love him?? I didn't watch the Oscars, so I have no idea how that went for him. But rock on, Jon Stewart.

2. Jeff Probst. For those not 'in the know,' he is the host of Survivor. I don't know why I love him so much. He's good lookin' and, I have to be honest, I love the safari-ish shirt he wears all the time. I enjoy his mannerisms on the show. I just love the guy.

3. Rory Cochrane. He's an actor and he's been in various movies, but I got to know him from CSI: Miami. I love his character in that show. Too bad they killed him off a couple seasons ago (he wanted to leave the show). I never really watched CSI: Any Of Them until I came to Korea. Now I've seen all the seasons of CSI: Miami and a decent amount of CSI: Regular and CSI: NY episodes. For reasons I cannot explain, I actually really enjoy David Caruso in CSI: Miami. I feel like I should hate him...but I can't. [I know, sorry Brighton!]

4. Phil Keoghan. He is the host of The Amazing Race. Which is a great show. Phil's a Kiwi, so that probably explains some of my love for him. I also love how he reacts to people on the show when they get to the 'pit stops.' He looks disgusted with the aholes and genuinely happy with the nice folk. Gotta like that.

5. Wil Wheaton. He used to play Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: TNG. He now has a blog (Wil Wheaton dot Net). It's very popular. He's written a couple books, too...which I haven't read, but once I get back to the US and can buy books that I can read, I think I'll check them out. I read his blog a while ago and thought it was funny, but then forgot about it. I just rediscovered it via Elizabeth and again, found the content hilarious. I love the guy. If he wasn't married and I knew him and we got along well and all, I'd want to marry him. But alas, he's married, I don't know him, and I don't know if we'd get along. So I guess I won't be marrying him. And if you've ever seen Stand By Me, how can you not like the guy?

6. Paul Revere. Hmm, which person doesn't seem to go with the rest? :D I had to write a book review for an American Revolution class I took a couple years ago, and I chose to read Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett Fischer. It was an excellent book and I highly recommend it. And who doesn't love guys who take midnight rides on horses and have smelly dogs who follow them everywhere?


Emmy Really No Likey
1. Ann Coulter. I could just say she's ultra conservative and leave it at that. In fact, that is what I'll do. I'm just really glad that she doesn't spell her name with an 'e.' And I know Anne Shirley would not like Ann Coulter.

2. Tucker Carlson. Another conservative. Refer back to my initial comments on how my idea to do this list came up re: why I don't like him. He makes no sense. He's rude. He wears a bow tie. He used to co-host Crossfire on CNN until they canceled it. Probably becuase of him and his bow ties. Honestly, you should watch the interview of Stewart on Crossfire. It's really quite entertaining (you can find it on youtube!).

3. Charlton Heston. Yes, I am allowed to hate a guy who played Moses, El Cid and Ben Hur. His whole being president of the NRA is my main reason for him really annoying me. Pry this from your cold dead hands, Heston. Apparently back in the day he used to be a Democrat. Huh. Planet of the Apes was just on tv here so he was on my mind.

I'm dumb4. Tom Cruise. Do I really need to explain this? He's a scientologist. He's psycho but doesn't believe in psychology. He performs sonograms himself on Katie Holmes. He thinks medication for depression is a load of crap. You know what I think is a load of crap? Half the movies he's made.

5. James Spader. Ok, I only hate him on the show Boston Legal. Or I should say I hate his character on the show. I've only seen the show a few times (and never the whole way through)...it's one of the shows they play here in Korea, for whatever reason. I think it's on AFN. Anyway, he's supposed to be all sexy on the show, but I just find him to be an arrogant pompous tool. Who is in no way even remotely attractive. I just am not getting him. Ugh.

6. Brenna Gethers. I just felt that I needed an equal number of likes/hates and I had 6 likes so I needed another hate. I also felt I needed another girl hate (even though I don't have any girl likes...I'll work on that for my next list). She was on American Idol. She sucked. She was super friggin' annoying. I absolutely hated her. She got voted off (all right, America!). But she's still annoying.

8 Comments:

  • Paul Revere kicks ass! What a renaissance man...what with all the silversmithing and whatnot...

    Jake says that he doesn't want to wear a bowtie for our wedding. I wonder if it has to do with Tucker Carlson at all. I'm pretty sure Tucker Carlson annoys Jake, too. But really, I think weddings are the one time men can wear bowties without looking like pompous fools. He should wear a bowtie. If I have to wear a big poofy dress, it's the least he could do...

    By Blogger Candy, at 3/07/2006 10:30 AM  

  • I kinda felt sorry for James Spader when I read the list. The other assholes totally deserve to be on it, but he's just an actor who's not very attractive. I just imagined him reading your blog and being crushed when he scrolled down to see a picture of himself displayed with those other jackholes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/07/2006 12:58 PM  

  • oh yeah, where's conan?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/07/2006 1:01 PM  

  • Re: James Spader. I thought I made it clear it wasn't actually James Spader I hate, but his character on the show. Although I can see that if for some reason James Spader went to my site and didn't read anything except the headlines and then just looked at the pictures he may be hurt. Unless he's a conservative, in which case he may be pleased with the company. And I would hope that if, for some reason, James Spader went to my site he's also take the time to read it. I actaully had no idea that that character was played by James Spader. On my list I had written down, "Boston Legal Guy." then I had to imdb him and when I saw it was James Spader I was like, "That's James Spader????" Anyway.

    Also, re: Conan. It was by no means a comprehensive list. Kinda just people who were on my mind at the time for whatever reason. Since I haven't seen Conan in at least 6 months, he was not on my radar. :)

    By Blogger Emily, at 3/07/2006 11:47 PM  

  • I don't mind J.S. because he played Daniel Jackson in the Stargate movie.

    Therefore, please commence calling me a total geek, laughing at me, etc. If you were my aunt you would do that.

    Jesus, the longest and most boring scene in history is going on on Law & Order:SVU right now.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 3/08/2006 12:42 PM  

  • make sure to get the show from this coming froday because it's going to be an hour long show on his trip to finland.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 3/08/2006 12:43 PM  

  • god! i meant conan

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 3/08/2006 12:43 PM  

  • and i meant FRIDAY

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 3/08/2006 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home