.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Friday, April 14, 2006

Today I Both Grew a Set and Got a Backbone
So I guess now I'm a hermaphrodite

Ok, so Elissa (friend who lives in Osan) has been living with her co-teacher for a about a couple months now. Her school kind of dumped her into her apartment because she couldn't find a place to stay or something...and Elissa has a large apartment. So anyway, that really has been sucking for her (even though her co-teach is nice and young). I guess she's moving out soon, but anyway. So we all had been giving her a hard time about it, making fun of the situation, etc. Well, you get what you give...

Yesterday my co-teach (who has to commute from and to Seoul everyday) asked if she could live with me. I feel really bad for her because she gets hardly any sleep and she does a good job planning lessons and I hardly do anything. So, in typical Emily-fashion I didn't want to be mean or make her feel bad so I agreed to the proposal (she said she'd pay me and that she'd move out for the month of May because of Dad and Brighton). Afterwards, I thought, "Holy Christ, what did I just agree to????" Honestly, the thought of living with my Korean co-teacher in my not-that-big (for 2 people) apartment made me want to vomit. My apt is my place of refuge for privacy and not being around Koreans. I was horrified by what I agreed to. I finally decided that there was no way I could live with her. I would go insane. Or jump off my balcony before my contract was up. So I forced myself this morning to tell her that I changed my mind. I felt really bad about it, but it had to be done. Crisis is now diverted, but let me tell you last night was not fun with the thoughts running through my head.

I just told her today, "Yesterday I spoke before I thought. I was thinking last night and there is not enough space in my apartment for you to move in." Then she asked to see my apartment (as I knew she would) and I just said, "I know it won't work." She is being very nice about it (to my face, anyway). Anyway, there's my 'excitement' for the day. Ugh. Unpleasantness at its best.

2 Comments:

  • I'm so glad you had the guts to tell your co-teach that you changed your mind. It must of been hard, but you must feel loads better now, knowing that you will have some ounce of sanity left.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 4/14/2006 11:40 AM  

  • sarah, it's "must have"...

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 4/14/2006 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home