.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Let's play badminton!
Sorry, I can't. I need to evacuate my bowels.

A few amusing anecdotes to relate to y'all from my in-classroom experience. The 4th graders are currently on a unit called Sorry, I Can't. They pretty much learn how to say, "Let's play [insert sport]." Then, "Sorry, I can't. I'm sick/hungry/tired/have a cold." And the sports they learn are baseball, basketball, tennis, ping pong (table tennis, but I tell them all to say ping pong), soccer, and badminton. I guess badminton is pretty popular here. Anyway, we were doing this skit and it involved the kids having to say, "Sorry, I can't. I'm sick." Well, one kid who was doing the skit sits up there and messes it up slightly, saying instead, "Sorry, I can't. I shit." My co-teacher and I both just cracked up. Sorry, I can't play badminton right now, I have to take a shit. :D For some reason I thought of you, Joleen.

And my co-teacher has been cracking me up lately with a new phrase she's used more than once to the students. When she's mad at a kid, recently she's taken to yelling at them, "What the hell do you think you're doing???" Whoa! Granted, the kids probably have no idea that hell is not a good word to say, but it still takes me aback when she says it. And the kids are still yelling, "Shut the fuck up!" to each other. I am now convinced that they don't know it's really a bad thing to say because the other day a kid yelled it and then a sweet little girl who would never intentionally do anything wrong repeated it while giggling. I'm still sticking to my ignoring that comment approach. I'm pretty sure if they knew it was a bad word I'd just hear it increase in usage.

I've got no plans this weekend. But I had to go in and teach 2 classes this morning (Sat), which sucked. One day a couple weeks ago my co-teacher couldn't come to school because she had to take her mom to the hospital. I can't teach classes myself, so we had to reschedule them for a Saturday. I still had to go in to school that day, so it sucks that I then had to come back on a Saturday to make them up. Whatever. At least it was only 2 classes.

Ok, nothing else for now. Seacrest Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home