.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Oh, the Horror!!!
Gruesome movies can be quite disturbing

So a while ago I bought a dvd/vcr combo. Korea dvd players are a different region than U.S. ones, so I couldn't play my dvds on this player (which I knew before I bought it, but still thought I'd use it for Korean/burned dvds and I needed a vcr). Anyway, it's pretty annoying to have to watch dvds on my computer, especially since recently it's been playing them really crappy (skipping around and such). I knew that you could input codes into your dvd player to make them region free (so they play all dvds). So a while ago I searched for the code for my particular dvd player. No sights had codes for mine. I was sad. I finally got really annoyed and searched again today. I still couldn't find the code for my player, but I noticed that there were a few codes for players of the same brand as mine (Daewoo...Korean brand) that seemed to be for numerous models. So I wrote them down and what do you know!?! The first one I tried worked! Yay! So now I can watch my dvds on my tv. That's my excitement for the day. Sad, huh? I also downloaded and watched Elf. It was pretty funny.

Speaking of movies, I saw one of the most visually disturbing (in terms of gore) horror movies ever last night. It's called High Tension (an alternate title is Switchblade Romance). It's actually a French movie (Haute tension), so the one I saw was dubbed. Which was annoying at first (esp since some of the dubbed voices were horrible sounding acting-wise), but the main people sounded fine. Anyway, it was really scary...truly high tension. And lots of blood. But as a warning to anyone who may be interested in watching it, I hated the ending. I would talk about it, but in the chance someone does want to see it, I don't want to ruin it for them. So then I just downloaded a newer movie by the same screenwriter which is a remake of an older movie (both old and new from Wes Craven). It's called The Hills Have Eyes. This should be equally disturbing, I think.

My bathtub and kitchen sink leak. It's super annoying hearing the drip drip drip all the time. Although it is fun to sing songs to the beat of the drips.

Yesterday I went with my Kiwi friend Charlie to a store called Carrefour. We had to take the subway there since it's in a different city. Apparently it has a good grocery store so that's why we went. It was a'ight. I did get some soft shell taco shells. Guess what I also found there?? A can of refried beans!!!!! Wow, that was exciting. There was only one on the shelf and I got it. It looks like the can had been thrown around the warehouse a few times, but I don't care. Dents or no dents, I'm excited to have tostadas. Now I just need to go and buy some ground beef.

My voice is getting better, but I still can't sing...and I sound a bit hoarse. I'm going to punch the teachers at my school tomorrow if they mention going to the hospital again.

Man, I can count on you, Mom, to give a detailed run-down of ancestry questions. And I forgot that we had Badger relatives. Rock on! So the whole fam should be fans!!!! Haha, yeah right. ;)

I tried to add pictures to this, but for some reason it's not working at the mo. Maybe I'll try to edit it later.

1 Comments:

  • the hills have eyes reminds me of that one x-files episode that was "banned from tv" and then they always play it on thanksgiving. haha.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 3/21/2006 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home